Hartz Flea & Tick Powder for Cats
Tell pesky parasites to ‘bug off’ with Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Powder. This water-resistant powder kills fleas, ticks, and lice for up to 7 days. For use on cats 12 weeks of age or older.
Directions for Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON CATS
- Dust entire cat beginning at head and working back.
- Make sure that the powder gets down to the skin.
- Take care to treat feet and legs.
- Lightly dust cat’s bedding with approximately the same amount of powder.
- Repeat treatment of cat and bedding at weekly intervals if necessary.
- Use approximately 1/3 ounce of powder for a small cat.
- Use approximately 1/2 ounce of powder for a large cat.
There is sufficient powder in this container to treat a large cat 8 times.
Storage and Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Keep this product in its tightly closed original container, when not in use. Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and animals.
Pesticide Disposal: If empty: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Contains an organophosphate that inhibits cholinesterase.
- Call the poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have the person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing
- Take off contaminated clothing.
- Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If in eyes
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the ﬁrst 5 minutes, then continue rinsing the eye.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For additional information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies, or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-800-275-1414 twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
Note to Physicians and Veterinarians: This product contains an organophosphate and may cause cholinesterase inhibition. Cholinergic symptoms may include salivation, miosis, incoordination, muscle fasciculation and/or weakness, vomiting, and diarrhea. Atropine is antidotal only if symptoms of cholinesterase inhibition are present. 2-PAM may be effective as an adjunct to atropine.