Happy Cat Vet Diet Struvite Wet
100 g Tray
Special veterinary diet for dissolving struvite stones
Happy Cat VET Diet Struvite is used to dissolve struvite stones. The high-quality wet food contains valuable proteins, reduced levels of magnesium and phosphorous, and achieves a significant reduction in the urine pH value. The slightly elevated sodium content increases water consumption and thereby the flushing of the urinary tract.
Only available with a veterinary recommendation.
- It is recommended that you seek veterinary advice before using the product or extending the period of use.
- For optimal results, the diet should be fed exclusively. Giving supplementary food should be discussed with your vet.
- Recommended Period of use: 5-12 weeks or until the urinary crystals/stones have dissolved.
- Moving on to suitable food afterward should ideally be carried out in 10% stages over a time period of at least 2-4 weeks.
- For prevention, it may be necessary to continue mixing the diet food with a suitable adult food long-term.
- Unless otherwise recommended by your vet, offer 2 meals per day.
- The feed quantity should be adjusted to suit the individual animal’s metabolism and may be reduced or increased as necessary.
Water should be freely available.
Struvite stones, also known as infection stones, are kidney stones made of magnesium ammonium phosphate.
Struvite stones are often associated with urinary tract infections and other conditions
What Are Struvite Stones?
Struvite stones are a common type of urinary or kidney stones that are made of magnesium ammonium phosphate (MgNHPO4·H2O). They make up around 10 to 15 percent of all kidney stones.
Struvite stones are also called infection stones because they are associated with urinary tract infections.
If struvite stones aren’t removed in time, they can grow rapidly and cause a variety of health conditions.
Struvite stones are created when bacteria, such as Proteus or Klebsiella, enter your body and break down the urea in your urine into ammonia, creating struvite. This will raise the pH of your urine.
These bacteria get inside you when you eat foods that aren’t cooked or put instruments into your bladder. They are more likely to infect females since females have shorter urethras, which makes entry easier.
Also available in
- Happy Cat Urinal
- Happy Cat Intestinal
There are no reviews yet.