Happy Cat Vet Diet Struvite Dry Food 1 kg
SUPPORT FOR THE URINARY TRACT
FLUSHING THE URINARY TRACT
FOR STRUVITE STONES
Happy Cat VET Diet Struvit is a dietary complete feed used to dissolve struvite stones and to reduce the recurrence of struvite stones in cats. The diet is equally suitable for feeding cats suffering from feline urological syndrome (FUS). The main features of this special feed are high-grade protein, reduced magnesium and phosphorus levels, and urine acidifying properties. It results in a clear reduction in urine pH. The slightly elevated sodium level helps to increase water consumption and thus flush the urinary tract. The herbs it contains – dandelion and stinging nettle – are traditionally used to supplement conventional urinary tract treatments.
- A moderate level of protein combined with reduced magnesium and phosphorus contribute to the dissolution of struvite stones and reduction of struvite stone recurrence
- The slightly elevated sodium level promotes increased water consumption and thus flushing of the urinary tract
- Urine acidifying properties help to reduce the urine pH
Dietary complete feed for adult cats for dissolution of struvite stones, reduction of struvite stone recurrence, and in cases of the feline urological syndrome (FUS). Happy Cat VET Diet Struvit is only available on the recommendation of a vet.
- It is recommended that advice from a veterinarian be sought before use and before extending the period of use.
- For maximum stone dissolving effect, feed the diet food exclusively. Discuss any supplementary nutrition needs with your vet.
- The diet should ideally be changed over to a suitable follow-on food in 10% increments over a period of at least 2-4 weeks.
- To prevent struvite stones in cats, mix the food 1:1 (½ ration of each) with a normal Happy Cat dry food. Regularly check the urine pH.
- Offer several small meals per day unless otherwise recommended by your vet.
- The amount of food should be adapted to suit the individual pet’s metabolism, so it may be necessary to reduce or increase the quantity to a certain extent.
- Water should be available at all times.
- Recommended period of use: five to twelve weeks for dissolving struvite stones. For reduction of struvite stone recurrence, initially up to 6 months.
- If mixing with Happy Cat VET Diet Struvit wet food, please note that 100 g wet food is equivalent to 21 g dry food